- Lack of access to clean water and sanitation kills children at a rate equivalent of a jumbo jet crashing every four hours.1
- Of the 60 million people added to the world’s towns and cities every year, most move to informal settlements (i.e. slums) with no sanitation facilities.6
- 780 million people lack access to an improved water source; approximately one in nine people.2
- “[The water and sanitation] crisis claims more lives through disease than any war claims through guns.” 7
- An American taking a five-minute shower uses more water than the average person in a developing country slum uses for an entire day.7
- Over 2.5X more people lack water than live in the United States.2
- More people have a mobile phone than a toilet.2,4,5
Dear User/Visitor! Please, answer on our questions: tick off one of the positions – your answer will make us able to improve our site and make it more interesting and useful!